Sunday, April 24, 2011

Conservatory revisited

Dave's parents came to visit this weekend, so we thought it would be fun to visit the Lincoln Park Conservatory while the flower show is still going on. It turned out to be a lovely day, and the zoo was open, too, so it was a good pick!

My favorite room in the conservatory is the orchid room, which really makes me want to get another orchid plant. I think I just need to be more careful about the next one.

The flower show was totally different than when we visited in February, at which time there were many azalea and hibiscus-looking flowers. Now there are lots of tulips, lilies, hydrangeas, and other spring flowers. Easter weekend was a fantastic time to visit!


The entrance for the Lincoln Park Zoo was right next to the front door for the conservatory, so we hopped around some exhibits. The animals were really active, and it's the first time I've been there during daytime! (Usually we go during ZooLights.)


The rhinos were super active, and we seem to have come at feeding time.


The cat house was awesome; we saw some lynxes, leopards, lions, and this beautiful tiger. I really feel like he knows exactly how beautiful he is.

We got a nice passer-by to take a photo of the family, but the tiger looks so small in the background. I really cannot express how large and impressive this tiger is. It was my favorite thing we saw all morning, and that includes the orchids.

After the zoo, we went downtown to have the #2 burger in the city on my list, which was delicious, of course. I've only got one more burger to eat, and that item will be checked off my 30 before 30 list.

We topped the day off at IKEA and Dave installed some new blinds in the extra bedrooms with his dad. One more home repair item off the list, too!

They left today after Easter lunch with my family, but it was a great weekend with the Mussers, and we can't wait until they come up again in summer for a tour of my favorite you-pick farms in the corn. (And I can't wait until I return to those farms period!)

No comments: