Monday, November 22, 2010

30 before 30

A friend of mine recently blogged about 30 things she'd like to do before reaching the age of 30. I thought it was a neat idea, and since she and I are about the same age, I thought I'd make a list of my own.

1. Learn from my mom how to sew quilts.

2. Give $100 to the drum bum.

3. Go to a concert, either Decemberists or Fleet Foxes.

4. Take my first trip to New York City.

5. Get back to my Salzburg weight (about 5-10 more pounds).

6. Do another 5K, but this time run the whole thing.

7. Get a raise.

8. Decorate our living room in fabulous mod pieces a la "Mad Men."

9. Do another painting.

10. Get rid of half-finished craft projects I've totally lost interest in.

11. Eat at every top-five burger restaurant in Chicago on this list.

12. Buy Rosetta Stone for German and brush up on mein Deutsch.

13. Donate blood.

14. Buy an original piece of artwork.

15. Write letters to my immediate family telling them why I love them.

16. Learn how to pop a champagne cork.

17. Paint at least one room of my new home a fabulous, strong color.

18. Get scuba-certified.

19. Cook a boeuf bourguignon, Julia Child-style.

20. Donate my hair again.

21. Give away at least one bridesmaid dress to The Glass Slipper Project.

22. Train for, raise $1,800, and complete the Avon 2-Day Walk (already signed up).

23. Brew my own mead and beer.

24. Buy my first full-size Christmas tree.

25. Watch "Halloween," "Friday the 13th," and "Nightmare on Elm Street" for the first time.

26. Pare my Goodreads "to read" book list down to below 70 (currently at 99).

27. Execute powers of attorney for property and health care.

28. Get my resume website up and running.

29. Get acupuncture.

30. Eat a type of animal I've never had before (ostrich, alligator, etc.).

I guess I need to update my readers (a.k.a. Mom and Diane) on my progress (and hopefully success!) on April 1, 2012!

2 comments:

Meesh said...

I'll totally help you with the watching horror movies one! I actually haven't seen some of those either, so we should definitely have a scary movie night some time. Just let me know when you're free :)

Valerie said...

Excellent, it sounds like a great time!