Sunday, December 23, 2012

Productive Christmas weekend

I have finished a few projects in the last 48 hours!  First on the list was my Coach stripe scarf on Friday night.  I've had the scarf done for years, but I haven't added the sparkling trim - which is present on the real Coach bag - until now.


Next on the list was last night's chunky fingerless mittens, which is the same yarn I used to make my hat and cowl a few months ago.  I bought the yarn at the Minnesota State Fair's agriculture pavilion.


I really like how they turned out.  You may ask what I am holding in my hands right there; that is all the yarn I had left after finishing the mitts.  Yeah.  It's less than two feet.  I am proud of my yarn estimation abilities.

Last on the list is another cowl for a friend, out of brown fuzzy yarn. 


She loves blue, so I know this will match a lot of stuff that she has, more as a neutral color.  (If I made her a blue cowl, she'd look like Violet from "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.")

I've got about three projects left to go; I've been working on a new cowl and a crochet blanket for myself.  I love to get things off of my queue...

No comments: