Saturday, April 07, 2012

Recent crochet projects

During my recent blogging hiatus, I was NOT on hiatus from crochet.  Quite the opposite.  My friends have been producing babies in very rapid succession, so I have tried to keep up.  Here are some of the things I've made since my last crochet post (Tanooki Mario):


First:  rainbow cake slice!




This was a really fun one.  As soon as he had the cake in his hands, he tossed it across the room.  It was great - crocheted food is very durable!


Next up:  peach baby blanket!




This was for my law friends' kid, and the mother loves orange, so I thought this would be appropriate.  It was actually a really fun pattern to crochet from one of my favorite baby blanket collections.


The next one is probably my favorite one out of all of these:




That's right, a gnome with a little flower and mushroom.  (I bought the book just for this pattern.  And it was worth it.)  Obviously for my friend Rob, who I've already made a gnome for.  The two gnomes are now in a standoff on Rob's entertainment unit.


Second to last is a baby sweater that I knitted for a woman in my lawyer mentor circle.  




She is a really sweet person and I wanted to do something fun for the little baby shower we had for her.  She didn't know what she was having, and the sweater turned out a little more for a girl than for a boy, but it's OK because she had a girl!  Apparently I am a good guesser.  This one was from a knit pattern calendar.


And finally, a set of baby blankets for some twins that my law friends are having.  The one on the left is from a new baby blanket square book I got, and the one on the right is just a big double crochet square.



Yes, of COURSE each twin got its own blanket!  It's a boy and a girl, and the parents' colors for the nursery are brown and green, which I thought was a really great gender-neutral pick (and, of course, my favorite colors together).



I've done some more things, but that's about all the photos I can fit into one post.  Happy crocheting (and knitting)!

No comments: