Saturday, March 12, 2016

Utterly fabulous starshower cowl

When I saw this yarn, I had to buy it.

First of all, I'm a sucker for anything by MadelineTosh. But in this case, I made an exception for buying yarn I didn't have a pattern in mind for. 

Look at this vivid pink.

The yarn is MadelineTosh Merino Light, the colorway is Torchere. I bought it at a yarn shop near my office, Close Knit in Evanston. They have a really great selection of MadelineTosh and Malabrigo, two of my favorite producers.

The pattern is Starshower, a gorgeous cowl that shows off the yarn well. There's not so much going on that you can't see the variegation of the yarn (which, by the way, contains some orange that possibly intensifies the pink).

I was worried that it doesn't hang low enough, but actually I like the way it hangs. This is also one of the first projects I've blocked on my new squares, and I think that helped the drape.


Sophie is still coming along - I'm close enough to the home stretch now that I've actually listed out the remaining rows and suggested colors on one sheet of paper. I'm currently working row 104 out of 113 (not including the optional border). I don't have enough of at least two of the colors for the border (Light Purple and Turquoise), but I might do an abbreviated one. 


No comments: