Monday, October 03, 2011

Cemetery Walk 2011

I've blogged before about the McLean County Museum of History's annual cemetery walk, which I attended yesterday morning. This year is the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War, and the walk this year focused on the impact in Bloomington.


Of course, I liked it because of my interest in military history. It was also interesting that all of the characters had a common theme, whereas usually the characters are from all different eras and experiences.


My favorite speakers were a soldier with a dirty sense of humor and another soldier who basically kicked Confederate butt. I thought they did a really great job this year!


I got to visit with my old supervisor at the museum, Mary Anne, who is always happy to see me at the walk. And the fall colors are starting to come in, making this the perfect event for the fall. It is still showing next weekend if anyone is interested!

No comments: