Sunday, October 02, 2011

Apple Fest & Fleet Foxes

Today we had some fall festivities and a concert I've been looking forward to for a while - Fleet Foxes!

So in the afternoon, we went to Long Grove Apple Fest with some peeps. We bought a gallon of apple cider, an apple pie, a candied apple, and a peck of apples.


It was very, very busy, but what can I say, I love apples and fall!

Afterward, we came back to the townhome and watched some "Tales from the Crypt" episodes with my sister. Then we headed downtown for Fleet Foxes at the Chicago Theatre.


We love this band and have been looking forward to this concert since August when we bought the tickets.

This also rounds out my experiences in the Loop theaters - now I think I've been to them all!

The opening band was The Walkmen, who were OK, but I didn't like them as much as Head and the Heart, the opening band for the Decemberists.

But the Fleet Foxes were one of the best concerts I've ever been to in my life!


I got chills down my spine several times. I wondered how they would sound compared to their albums, and I have to say that for the most part, the songs were as good or better. So awesome! I will definitely be watching for their next album.

I'm having fun settling into fall!

No comments: