Monday, September 26, 2011

Light the Night Walk

This was my sixth year doing the Light the Night Walk to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. This year my team was me, Dave, and Diane, and we raised a chunk of change for cancer research and patient support.


I was a little worried about logistics, because the walk was starting as Bears fans were flooding out of the stadium. We were able to find awesome parking in the Loop, free on Clark Street, and traffic wasn't a problem going in or coming out.

Although my Dad was not able to walk this year, we did stop by my parents' house before the walk and see how Dad is doing. He's slated to start his fourth round of chemotherapy today. I missed my parents at the event, of course. There were a lot of white balloons (for survivors), and sadly some gold ones (for remembrance of loved ones lost). But the walk raised about $2 million, which is great. Keep on keepin' on, Dad!!

No comments: