First up tonight was Girl and the Goat, one of the hottest reservations in town. I was worried it wouldn't live up to the hype, which has been fervent, but it was truly a very great meal.
I'm going to list out what we ordered - not to brag, but really for future reference. (I really do look up these things later, for various reasons).
- Chickpea fritters with eggplant caponata and egg
- Scallops with pumpkin puree, pomegranates, tomatoes, and fried Brussels sprouts
- Goat belly with crab & lobster
- Pork ribs with tomatillo puree and mushroom slaw
- Chocolate cake with foie gras marshmallow, chocolate sorbet, and passion fruit puree
- Apples with bleu cheese sorbet and toasted nuts
I walked out of there with a food high as I haven't had in a while. For me, the restaurant lived up to the hype, and I would definitely go again. AND, I tried a new animal - goat!