Saturday, August 13, 2011

Summer of weddings: part 4

Well, we made it - the last of this summer's weddings! This one was my longtime friend Jackie and her now-husband, Brian.

We met at my parents' house before and after the ceremony, since it was so close.


The ceremony was in New Lenox at the Peace Lutheran Church; Jackie looked lovely, and her dress kind of reminded me of mine. The ceremony was short and sweet!


The reception was several hours later at Georgio's, a banquet hall in Orland Park. I hadn't been to this one; I feel like I will eventually make it to every wedding venue in the Chicago area!

The couple had a trifecta of toasts that were really wonderful. First a serious one from Jackie's dad that made me cry, mainly because he mentioned me and Jackie's softball team and I remembered how long she and her family have been in my life.

The second was a hilarious roast of Brian by the best man, and the third was a heartfelt speech from Jenna, Jackie's sister and the maid of honor. Michelle was sobbing by the end of all of these!

Dinner was delicious, then it was time for the bouquet toss - guess who caught it!

Jackie is my longest standing friend to get married, as we've been friends since the aforementioned softball team in 4th grade or so. I'm sure we both assumed we'd be married someday, but now that that day has come for each of us, it really calls to mind all of our memories together.

So, wedding season is now over, and we've got one more this year - a law school friend of mine that's marrying in December, AND I'M MAKING HIS CAKE!!!! Get ready for that one, people.

No comments: