Friday, August 12, 2011

Climbing!


Well, Dave and I finally achieved something we've been meaning to do for a while - go climbing!

Dave used to go a lot when he studied abroad and during college, but he hasn't gone in years, and I've never gone. If Dave had a 30 before 30 list, I think this would have been on it.

We learned how to belay from a nice young man employed at the climbing wall in Crystal Lake. Dave went up the easy wall twice, then I did twice. It was pretty cool!


It was pretty cool to climb up, especially on the second round. I was pretty nervous the first time going up, and also coming down, but maybe repeated climbing adventures will help me conquer my mild fear of heights.


As for Dave, a couple of runs and he was climbing up there like he had never stopped going.


The climbing wall that we went to was pretty neat, but I think Dave would like to go to one that's taller.


I am looking forward to building upper arm strength, exploring new places, and conquering my fear of heights and basically falling and hurting myself.

I enjoyed our date night immensely, and I'll probably pick something more tame for my next date night selection: I think mini golf. But I'm looking forward to getting back on the climbing wall - nothing ventured, nothing gained!

No comments: