Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Decemberists!


Last night Dave and I attended our first concert in years - The Decemberists at the Aragon Ballroom, with opening band the Head and the Heart!

The ballroom is so weird - like you're in the square of some Spanish town, with galaxies painted on the ceiling. (One band commented on this.) Plus there were tons of hipsters there, so that will make any setting weirder than it already is.

The Head and the Heart was really good - I hadn't even heard of them before, and they definitely rocked our socks off. They were a very energetic live show.


They played for probably 45 minutes, and it was one of the only opening bands that I've liked as much if not more than the main act! I definitely have to get their albums.

Then came The Decemberists, who I have actually seen before at a free concert in Millennium Park, but two of their albums (Picaresque and The Crane Wife) are some of my favorite albums of all time.


They performed many of my favorite songs, as well as some new ones that were pretty awesome, too. A full set and two encores later, it was 10:30 by the time Dave and I left the concert, and 11:30 by the time we got to the car in Evanston, and 12:15 before we got home.

Needless to say, we're tired today, but it was worth it! I got to scratch another one off of my 30 before 30 list, and we got to see two amazing bands - on a week night, no less! Yeah, we're till cool. (Barely.)

1 comment:

Anka said...

I really enjoyed your blog, interesting just pass on my http://mylifecanbeadream.blogspot.com ^ ^ / Following!