Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Update on Avon Walk

Thanks to the incredible generosity of my friends and family (as well as friends of family and friends!) I am almost at my fundraising goal for the Avon Walk. It has been a long haul, and it's hard to believe I'm almost there!

This weekend's training walk is the last huge one before the actual walk day: 22 miles on Saturday, 10 miles on Sunday.

My shoes are completely falling apart at this point, so this week I'm going to get some new walking shoes and hopefully break them in before the huge walk. A local sports equipment store is giving us a discount, so I'll be thanking them with my business.

It would be a huge relief to get my fundraising done by this week. I am about $300 away from meeting my goal of $1,800, so if you have been waiting to donate, now is the time. Dave is farther behind me and desperately needs donations to meet the minimum.

Raising $3,600 between me and Dave has been one of the hardest things we've ever tried to do. Again, we appreciate everyone's generosity toward this amazing charity! I plan to do a party sometime this summer for my wonderful donors.
Link

No comments: