Monday, February 22, 2010

Raising expectations

Yesterday, Dave and I attended the annual Light the Night celebration party, which is held at Dave & Buster's on Clark in Chicago. They feed us and let us play games, true - Dave and I killed some zombies, in fact.


The event thanks the walkers for last year's fundraising and participation, but it also kicks off fundraising for this year. The walk is set for September 25, and I've already started talking to people about amassing a team.

This year I've got awesome incentive prizes, both for donors and team members. I'm still collecting items, but I should have things like an Amazon Kindle, a Harvey's Seatbelt Bag (hopefully!), a cookbook by yours truly, and gift certificates to give out, and that's in addition to the incentive prizes offered by Light the Night itself.

Also, the best ten fundraisers that join my team will automatically get a plush Giant Microbe version of a red blood cell, a white blood cell, or a platelet. The Giant Microbes people were kind enough to send me those, which are on theme with leukemia awareness. And they're cute!

I'm excited - so let me know if you want to join the team! I will send out donation requests later in the year.

No comments: