Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Itching for spring

Usually at about this time of year, I start feeling an itch for spring, and this year is no different. In fact, it may be worse, because last summer and fall were full of wonderful outdoor and harvest-related activities for us, and I'm looking forward to them so much this year.

The other thing is that Dave and I are becoming much more active, and I'm looking forward to running outdoors, evening walks, bike rides, and even some tennis. I've now lost about 40 pounds from what I weighed two years ago, and I've never felt better. Our goal is to get outside as much as possible this spring, summer, and fall.

Also exciting is that I just reserved a half share of CSA produce from Harvest Moon Farms this summer! From June to October, I will pick up boxes of delicious, fresh, local produce from Wisconsin every week. I'm looking forward to it so much, and also to going out picking near Marengo and down by Kankakee.

Anyway, that's my story for now - book a CSA if you can, you'll be glad you did, and I'll be sure to broadcast fun summer events as they draw near.

No comments: