Saturday, December 05, 2009

The Santa Shuffle


Well, if you can't tell, the person behind that white beard and hat is Dave, who ran the Santa Shuffle 5K race in Lincoln Park this morning. I have to admit, it was hard to get out of bed this morning for the race, but I'm so glad I did. The pictures were phenomenal.

Here's the starting line:


Yeah. That's a lot of Santas. I really couldn't tell Dave apart from the other people:


Well, I shouldn't say that. Some people were dressed very...uniquely. I saw some people with footie pajamas, reindeer hats, Christmas shorts and socks, and even some people with very little on at all. For instance, this guy painted his Santa suit on his bare chest:


He later took off the pants so that he was only wearing a tiny air of running shorts. Clearly these people aren't bothered by the cold.

I got a video of the start of the race, where they informed us that 1,200 Santas were running. (Warning, this video is a little overwhelming!)



They also informed us that the race was being taped for airing on Rachael Ray's talk show. Weird.

I had a little difficulty finding Dave, being that everyone was wearing red shirts, Santa hats, and white beards. Nonetheless, I did spot Dave, with his maroon Virginia Tech pants, at the finish line.



In the end, the first people finished the race at about 18:30, and Dave finished in about 31:00. One of my friends from law review was also there, but I didn't see him, and if he had his beard on, I never would have found him.

Just to give you an idea, this is what I faced in trying to find Dave after the race:


Can you find Dave in there? It's like a "Where's Waldo" game!

Anyway, it was a really fun event, and I hope Dave does it again next year. It's a little chilly for me, but I'm always happy to be there to cheer on the hubby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you came with! This was awesome. I'm just going to assume half-naked-Santa-guy had to drop out due to hypothermia, but it was still fun for most of us! :)