Sunday, April 12, 2009

An egg-ceptional Easter

As usual, we went down to my parents' house for Easter, and as usual, we ate a lot of food. This year's menu included ham, party potatoes, green bean casserole, veggies, taco dip, guacamole, deviled eggs, carrot cake, jello, and triple berry pie!

I decided to color Easter eggs this year. It's been a while, and I always love doing it. I used one of my mom's Paas kits:


I had a great time coloring them while we watched "The Ten Commandments." Dave had never seen it, so I told him it was mandatory. He liked it, but it was five hours of Biblical Charleton Heston drama. It is what it is.

I like to color some eggs normal, of course, but my favorite is to do half and half. Of course, this can be disastrous if you drop it in the thing, but usually it turns out just fine.


I left the eggs in the vinegar solution for an extra long time, so I think they turned out really awesome.


Seriously, have you ever seen such a perfect batch of Easter eggs?

And Grandma brought over some awesome bunny cakes, which Michelle and I shared. How funny are these things?


So it was a good Easter with good old fashioned fun. Jesus, eggs, and bunnies. What more could you want?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your eggs are bitchin, i made some like that once. and how were those cakes? usually easter animal cakes are nast..... those looked yum yum tho