Sunday, April 05, 2009

Law Prom '09

Last night was my last Barrister's Ball at DePaul Law. This year it was held at the Drake Hotel in Chicago, which was a very fancy venue indeed.

We had a three-course dinner with some friends, which included tomato basil soup, crab cakes (or chicken), and an ice cream sundae bar. The sundaes were really fun, actually; while I always love a good fancy pastry or pie, it was kind of funny to stand in line and load up a sundae with M&Ms like being a kid again.


Of course, there was dancing; the music was much better than last year, but there were still types of music that weren't played. For instance, there were no slow songs, which was kind of weird. Meanwhile, he was playing instrumentals from the Talking Heads, which are fun but not really good to dance to.

All in all, it was a really good night. I got to spend time with some of my favorite people in law school, and we got to eat great food and dance in a lovely Chicago hotel. Plus, Dave and I don't get to go out for a fancy date very often, so it was fun for us to get all gussied up and go out on the town.

Today I'm heading to Lincoln Park to be inducted into the Phi Kappa Phi honors fraternity, which is kind of a nice way to finish off law school. (It feels like everything I've done in the last few months has been another step toward graduation.)

And soon I'll be done - wow.

No comments: