Friday, June 29, 2007

My happy little garden

I am happy to report that my herb garden is still doing splendidly after a month! See how much they grew:

Mid-May

Late June

Plus, the basil plant on the left has sprouted flowers, which I never knew basil plants did. They're a very fragrant and beautiful addition to our porch. I have to say, the herbs (and Stan, of course) have been loving the rain lately.

Because of their fragrance, I love going out onto the porch to water them or pluck leaves for cooking. I particularly love the basil, because smelling it always reminds me of our honeymoon in Italy - especially the Da Michele Pizzeria in Naples!

Burt is coming to visit us for a weekend, so I will be plucking some basil tonight to make Baked Rigatoni with Eggplant and Sausage, one of our favorite dishes. Mmm...rigatoni...

No comments: