Saturday, May 05, 2007

Study break: law school statistics

As I mentioned in my last post, my first year of law school is almost over, and I'm in the middle of final exams.

I'm taking a brief sanity break to reflect on some statistics from my first year at DePaul. Sure, law students aren't known for their math skills, but this is an interesting exercise nonetheless:
  • Students in my class: 250
  • Students in my section: 80
  • Train rides: 300
  • Distance walked from train station to school: 1 mile
  • Pages read: 4,500
  • Number of pages in my constitutional law casebook: 1,574
  • Tests: 8
  • Classes per day: 2
  • Number of classes I missed: 4
  • Classroom where we had 7/8 classes: 805
  • My seat number: 21
  • Locker number: 124
  • Average time per day spent at school and on train: 11 hours
  • Average amount of weeknight sleep: 6 hours
  • Amount of tuition paid: $18,000
  • Cost of books: $1,200
  • Cost of each monthly train pass: $105.30
  • Beers drank: (Who knows)
  • Years left: 2
  • Months off for summer: 3!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Valerie, cute post. I just read it today, don't know how I missed it before. Statistics are always amazing when you total numbers (something I learned in Stats class). Have a good (busy) summer with your 3 jobs! Mom (I'm a dork, changed my password in blogdom and don't remember it, therefore, I'll be anon. for a while)