Tuesday, May 01, 2007

First leg's almost over

Many of our teachers have told us that law school is a marathon. You can't just sprint the whole thing; you've got plod along at a steady pace, saving some energy for the finale.

Well, the first leg of that marathon is almost over, for the DePaul Law Class of '09. Today is our last class, and we pick up our first final tomorrow. Then, by the afternoon of May 15, it will all be over, and we'll spread out to whatever summer plans we have made.

I can't believe how fast it has gone by, but at the same time, it feels like years have passed since I first took my seat last August, among people who would soon become my close friends.

I'm glad it's finally done, but I'm also sad. Constitutional law today is the last class that we will all have as a group. (Keep in mind that many will probably be ditching!) So, to commemorate our year together, here are some of my favorite moments from my first year of law school:
  • Alec laughing at Nicotine Overdose Man's death in torts, and getting a harsh rebuke from Franklin.
  • Bryce not responding to Siegel in con law, and Mr. Osborne turning him in.
  • All random cell phone ringing, IM noises, and computer noises that kept us awake; my favorites were the bizarre Little Mermaid-esque ring tone that kept going off in torts, and the time Reese treated us to some R. Kelly when she opened her laptop in contracts.
  • A keg party in the lounge, and Ottley stopping by, saying, "What is all this?!"
  • When Mr. Garcia finally showed up. (No, not that Mr. Garcia, the other one.)
  • Ottley calling on me and Miss Moore every day in civ pro.
  • Mr. Schiller hitting on Kwall. (Joint tenancy anyone?)
  • When Jacobs drunkenly told us he was Jewish and deviant.
  • The random rubber band ceremony outside of school, in front of Barnes and Noble.
  • When some 2Ls threw pants into the girls' bathroom.
  • Power Row.
  • When Siegel asked how one drinks beer these days, and Mark yelled, "Bong it!"
  • Halloween, when we dressed up, and Wes wore a "No fat chicks" hat as the decedent from Farwell v. Keaton.
  • Watching the music video for "Hello" by Lionel Ritchie in LARC.
  • When Miss Topik refused to allow Kwall to call her by first name.
Section B, it's been quite a year. I'm so glad I got to know everybody, and I hope to see you around next year.

No comments: