Monday, April 23, 2007

The Summer Job Question

Well, it's settled!

I have work lined up for this summer - so far I'm doing a couple of research projects for professors, and I'm doing part-time work at a local law firm!

The first research job came about when I asked Prof. Ottley if he knew anyone who needed help this summer, and he said he's revising his book and needs some able hands to research updates in products liability law for him.

For the second research job, Prof. Kwall asked me to do some historical and anthropological research on different cultures for her upcoming book about the intersection of human rights law and cultural property. (Yay, my history major finally got me a job!)

Finally, a student I know set me up on an interview with his dad, who is a lawyer in Inverness. I'll work there a couple of days a week, drafting wills, trusts, and contracts, and generally learning the ins and outs of firm life!

Thought I'd update those of you who are interested in my summer employment situation, i.e. my mom and mom-in-law. I can't wait 'til finals are over, because not only will I be done with my first semester of law school, but I'll have lots of summer work to keep me busy and gain me experience!

Good luck to all my law school friends in their summer experiences!

"Sometimes I wonder
What I'm a'gonna do...
There ain't no cure
For the summertime blues."
- Eddie Cochran

No comments: