Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Yarn bomb resolution complete!

Going into 2023, my goal was to make 6 yarn bombs in Maine. I completed numbers 5 and 6!

Yarn bomb #5 was an elaborate African violet bike rack sleeve at my local library. It took a while to sew all those flowers and leaves on! I'm happy with how it turned out, though. Pattern by PlanetJune (June Gilbank).

I had some extra daisies, leaves, and a strawberry from a wreath project, so I sewed those onto a sleeve I made. 

I crocheted the sleeve during the movie "Oppenheimer" - I get scared or bored during movies (especially long ones), so crochet helps! At any rate, I'm working on cleaning up my stash, so it's good to get rid of the odds and ends while making something cute. Hopefully these bring smiles to faces.

I'm going to keep going, I'm not going to stop at six, and I also have some plans for a yarn bomb in Chicago before the end of the year, too. I've been cutting up plastic bags for "plarn" (plastic yarn) and making a colorful sleeve for a bike rack. 

No comments: