Saturday, November 19, 2022

Thanksgiving in Maine

This is our first year having Thanksgiving in Maine; we were supposed to host Dave's parents, but they couldn't make it, so I invited some coworkers who recently moved to the area.

To celebrate, I also made this little turkey friend:

Turkey Coaster

I have been wanting to make him for about 10 years. He's a "coaster," although he's pretty big. If you look him up on Ravelry, I really recommend looking through the projects that others have made. The faces on some of these turkeys are amazing.

I also took advantage of the chilly weather to double layer some flannel, really leaning into both the Maine look and the Sherman tradition. My dad and his brothers would routinely go double flannel in the fall or even in the summer while fishing in Minnesota.

This is the way.

(And of course, it's LL Bean...)

I got a 20 lb. turkey and am ready to go with my sides. Happy Thanksgiving!!


No comments: