Tuesday, December 25, 2018

2018 resolutions: how did I do?

Time for a self-evaluation - how did I do on my 18 resolutions for 2018?

Resolutions

See a member of my family every month

100% success!

Practice languages on Duolingo every day

95% success

Meditate for 10-20 minutes daily

60% success - I had a weekly meditation group at work and a meditation app, but I didn't stick with it once I left that job and it has been hard to find time since. However, I have done daily walks and watched ASMR videos online, both of which are meditative.

Listen more, talk less

75% success

Get rid of more stuff around the house, organize what I have

70% success - I did get rid of a lot, but there is more to go before our planned move next year.

Organize yarn projects, clear out my Ravelry queue (currently at 24 items)

70% success - the queue is less (15, even with adding some patterns) and I got rid of a lot of yarn, but I also bought a lot of yarn and I need to organize.

Eat more vegetables, bake more bread

75% success - I did well on the vegetables, iffy on the bread, but I did bake a lot of pies.

Be more of a cheerleader for others

90% success

Hang out with the bunnies more, give lots of attention

40% success - it was difficult to find time for the bunnies, and even more so once I got a new job, so we found them new homes and are pet-free for the moment.

Emphasize lifting weights more, in conjunction with cardio

80% success

Goals

Get back to college weight

This is really the only "failure" with this section - I never quite got to 155 lb. However, I did keep track of my weight all year on the Libra app, and the graph at right shows that this effort wasn't a total failure.

I'm still ending the year lower than I started, and I spent more time below 160 lb. than I have in years because of this effort. Try again next year.

Bake a yule log

Completed in December - used the Berghoff Restaurant's cookbook, but next year I'll try Julia Child's.

Run a 5k race in under 30 minutes

Completed in October - very proud of this one

Complete German course on Duolingo

Completed in July

Visit the historic Pullman neighborhood in Chicago

Completed in July

Scan Salzburg College photos and post online to share with friends

Completed in February

Finish A Song of Ice and Fire book series on audiobooks

Completed in May

Complete another race on vacation

Completed in June


Pharmaprix 5k in Montreal
I'm coming up with 19 resolutions / goals for 2019, which I'll be posting soon!

No comments: