Friday, December 30, 2016

Resolutions for 2016 & 2017

It's approaching the end of the year, so it's time to evaluate my 2016 resolutions, as well as list some resolutions and goals for 2017.

Resolution Recap for 2016

My resolutions this year were:
  • Run a 5K race in under 30 minutes
  • Crochet a Sophie's Universe mandala afghan
  • Practice a foreign language every week (my foreign languages are French, German, and Russian)
I ran several 5K races this year and got really close, but I did not run one under 30 minutes. I have, however, been able to reliably run a 5K on the treadmill in well under 30 minutes. So I'm going to call this one a mixed win.

I finished my Sophie's Universe afghan in April, so that one is a definite win. And I might make another one this winter. I already have the yarn...

The foreign language resolution was a win. In the first half of the year, I didn't do much except fill out a couple of workbooks I bought at Barnes and Noble. But when I booked a trip to Peru, I decided to work on Spanish on Duolingo (both phone and computer). It was so fun that I added French, German, and Russian, and I've been practicing each language every single day since then. 

Resolutions for 2017

Now that my assessment of 2016 resolution performance is complete, let's come up with some for next year:
  • Run a half marathon
  • Yarn bomb something
  • Bake a yule log
  • Crochet a yule log and share pattern on Ravelry
  • Say more positive things and less critical things
Will check back in throughout the year, as well as at the end, as always. Here's to you, 2017!

No comments: