Monday, May 23, 2016

Flowery spring projects



Flower Pot

My supervisor is retiring, so I made her a fun little parting gift: some flowers that'll never need watering! I think they turned out pretty darn cute.

I used this vintage yarn for the purple violets, and I got a lot of oohs and ahhs at the event where I made it. It's some kind of Kmart Sayelle, I think. Something I got from a garage sale pile.

I also remembered how much I hate French knots. I don't know why, but I can't do them! So frustrating.

Flower Shawl

I've wanted to do this flower wrap for years. In fact, I bought the magazine just for the pattern.

I thought you had to sew the motifs together, so I have been dreading to make it even though I bought the yarn about 2-3 years ago. I finally bit the bullet, and I discovered that it's join as you go! So the laugh's on me, I guess.

I made use of my fun new blocking squares, and I love the way it finally looks:


Definitely a shawl that demands boring shirt and pants / skirt, because it's got enough going on besides. But I like it a lot.

No comments: