I've been continuing on with Sophie, who has been growing increasingly beautiful by the row. She has also been increasingly curling up at the edges with each successive row. I ordered blocking squares and pins, but until then, I've been improvising with what's around the house...
Sophie part 8
Here you can see Sophie "blocked" with my household items. I sent it to my friend, and she said it looks like I'm holding a seance. Pretty funny.
I just bought my first set of blocking squares and pins (I know, I know - I have always somehow gotten away with not doing it), so I will be able to "professionally" book Sophie this weekend.
Here's a flower detail that I really enjoy, from the "short side":
Sophie part 9
I completed this section at work, and it's becoming easier to take photos if you fold her. So that's what I did. She's ready for blocking again.
I love that the pattern author, Dedri, posted this for free. I have had more fun making this blanket than I have had making anything, ever. But I have to say, if Sophie is curling this much and causing such a bulge in the center, maybe the rows I'm on now should have been written a little more loosely. I've been crocheting for more than 20 years, so this isn't a beginner's problem as she suggests in her posts.
Sophie part 10
The rows are getting a bit easier, which is a nice break. I love this little detail, which is technically from part 9:
Cute little tulips! In part 10, I also finished up my "light purple." It's a grayish purple that had been causing me some anxiety, because it was rapidly running out. I was very happy to see in the instructions this week that we'd be cutting off this color and never using it again. Otherwise I'd have had to order more from England, like I did with canary yellow.
Onward! I'm also almost finished with a lovely vivid pink cowl. Will definitely post photos when it's done. But I have just been wanting to work on Sophie recently.
Wedding Wrecks, Fangirl Edition
1 hour ago