Saturday, January 16, 2016

Sophie: parts 2, 3, & 4

Sophie continues...

Part 2



This was not my super favorite part so far - the little picots and shells are somewhat annoying, but it was looking purty!

Part 3


I loved making this part! the front post petals were a novel idea, and the gradient was pleasing. Lots of color changes. 

Part 4

OMG, the fpsc is going to be the death of me. I have never done it much, and now I know why.

The mandala center is bulging a bit, as the pattern indicated that it might, but it's OK for now.



This blanket has pretty much been my day. And it has been glorious.

One of the things I have enjoyed about making this blanket is that it has incorporated almost every stitch and technique I have ever used in crocheting. All of the stitches, front post / back post, reverse single crochet, clusters, shells, picots, popcorns... It's all there! I was telling my husband that it's a kind of synthesis of everything I know about this beautiful craft.


I'm taking a break tonight, after finishing Part 4, to work on a cashmere cowl project that is very simple to work on - just stockinette around and around for miles. I haven't loved every minute of making the cowl, but the yarn is beautiful and the end product will be wonderful.

No comments: