Monday, November 09, 2015

Progress on cabled poncho

I started this beautiful cabled poncho (or some patterns call it a cape) recently:


I realized it is really the first time I have used cables in a project! It's turning out very nice so far. I bought this yarn (Cascade Ecological Wool) thinking I'd use it for a different poncho, but it isn't quite thick enough. I'm very happy with the color and how it's knitting up.

I also realized that I didn't copy the second page of the pattern before I got rid of the magazine, so I reached out to some people on Ravelry and someone sent it to me! I love the world of knitters. I'll hopefully be able to post a finished photo in a few weeks.

Oh, and one more thing: I crocheted a Star Wars TIE fighter!


This was a set of patterns that a friend purchased for me online, and I promised him a ship of his choosing. I thought it was timely for the release of the new Star Wars movie, although I'm not sure if it features this starship.

No comments: