Sunday, May 03, 2015

Spring yarn projects

The crochet:

Here's a hat with ear flaps that I made for the husband:


He was looking for something that would protect his ears from the cold. I have had this pattern in a book, Vogue Knitting On the Go Hats, for a while.

Also, I was invited to a coworker's wedding shower, so I made a set of dish cloths in her kitchen colors:


I really like this pattern; I might have to make some for myself! I got the pattern from a Leisure Arts crochet booklet.

The knitting: 

I bought this beautiful green and gold variegated yarn at YarnCon last year by Skeined Alive, and I made it into a cowl:


I made another cowl, this one from a beautiful and extremely expensive cashmere yarn. I bought it for myself with a gift card, as a treat for myself.


I think it has a beautiful drape. Luckily I have some more of this left for another potential cowl.

Two related projects are (1) these reading gloves, for my mother-in-law...


...and (2) this wrist cuff, which I made from the lace repeat pattern in the gloves above. I thought it turned out cute!


I think I'm going to make another one for a friend that would probably like the style.

The last project is still in progress: a summer shrug in Berroco Weekend, a soft cotton.


The lace repeat pattern is fun, and I'm hoping to have this completed in about a week. 

Lots of fun things coming up, including some gauntlets for myself, some leg warmers, and even a new Star Wars project!

No comments: