Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Latest yarn projects

It's that time of year - lots of knitting and crochet. I did this cowl over Thanksgiving weekend:



It is the Gap knockoff cowl on Ravelry - probably the most popular free pattern on Ravelry, from what I can see. It was fun to make and beautiful in the end.

Next was a sale of a menorah to an Etsy purchaser. I didn't post it, but this is someone who bought a menorah from me last year. She is very sweet, so I agreed to make it for her even though I don't have a lot of time these days. And $50 helps with the car stuff that has gone wrong this month! (Do you think $50 is a good price for one of these, or am I low-balling myself?)

Anyway, I use a paper towel roll to hold it up, and put lots of rocks and cotton batting in the base. It stays up and is fun! (And yes, the candles come out.)

Another set of items, which I actually finished last year, is this group of stockings. I made it for a friend's baby shower at her request, and here they are up on her mantle!


Seriously, how cute are they?

The last item is one that I made last week - a chunky cowl in bulky wool. I have been wanting a nice neutral color for a while, and now I have one. (Most of my cowls are bright.)


So that's what I've been up to lately - still trying to decide what I should start next.

No comments: