Thursday, September 19, 2013

More daleks and some geekiness

Well, I have been up to some crochet shenanigans, but I haven't posted anything because I have been lazy.  Here it goes...

I didn't make these one after the other, but since they are the same pattern, I will post them side by side for comparison:



Dr. Who daleks!  The one at left is bronze, the one at right is gray.  Both were made for a coworker who paid me to.  They are a bit time consuming, so they aren't my favorite thing to make - plus I'm always afraid that the eye stalk won't stick out correctly.  But all my Dr. Who fans love them, so they are fun to post on Facebook.

Other items I have made are a Hello Kitty hat that turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.  It's probably something I would have loved when I was a kid.

(Dave is afraid of the hat beause it looks like Hello Kitty's mouth is a gigantic maw.)


The coworker was really impressed that it looked like Hello Kitty, but I said, "...What did you expect it to look like?"


Also, I crocheted this tiny pumpkin hat for a friend's soon-to-be newborn:



I had made her the entrelac pumpkin hat a few weeks ago, but it was too big to take pictures with this year, so I made the extra one.

That's it for now - it's clear I have to finish this big knitted sweater I have been making, because my work has become too crochet-centric!

1 comment:

Anyto said...

Very interesting items! I like them!