Sunday, September 04, 2011

Paddleboating double date



Today we went on a double date with newlyweds Jackie and Brian at the Twin Lakes recreation area in Palatine!

We got in some much-needed exercise and sun, which is good because I hear tomorrow and the rest of the week are supposed to be a bit cooled off.

Jackie and Brian got married about three or four weeks ago, so they are still decompressing after the whole wedding experience. We did gift opening at our house after they returned from their honeymoon, but this is the first time we've been able to hang out with them for a while.

Dave's glutes still hurt a bit from playing hockey last week, but otherwise we all did pretty good!


Afterward we felt that we earned the large amount of food that we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings!


It's nice to have Jackie and Brian up in the northwest suburbs - one more couple to hang out with!

I've had a very nice, relaxing weekend. I made spiced port and plum jam, I've been working on a baby blanket for a friend, I made two scarves for a charity raffle, and I started on a sewn felt wall hanging for fall. The last one is something new I've been doing, and it's nice to try a new craft. I feel like it's going to take me forever, but it will be so gratifying to be done!

No comments: