Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lost my grandma

Everyone has been really sympathetic lately and asking for updates about Grandma, so I figured I should let everyone know that my grandma passed away today.

Grandma Bartling was pretty much the same throughout my whole life - she had had a good, long life and continued living on her own and cooking for herself. Up until a few years ago, she was still driving. She turned 95 in 2010, and I know that up until the end, she was living the life she wanted to lead.

Her stroke was almost two weeks ago, so I'm happy that she was able to pass relatively quickly and painlessly. She was a sweet lady and deserved that.

I have to assume that my dad's cancer-beating genes came from Grandma's hardiness, and I hope I got some of those, as well. My mom and I agreed that when we visited her in the hospital, you kept expecting her to sit up, start chatting, and give her little giggle. She has given me some wonderful memories, as well as some cherished items to remember her by, and I will always miss her.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

That is a great picture!

shumaila said...

Its a great loss. My prayers are with you!