As you can see at right, we had a very amazing spread of goods. Here's a run-down of our beautiful menu, along with who made it!
- Pound cake (Jill)
- Chocolate pound cake (Jill)
- Banana bread (Jill & Diane)
- Pumpkin ginger bread (Jill)
- Cheese & garlic bread (Jill)
- Cinnamon raisin bread (Jill)
- Oreo coffee cake (Harris Bank lady)
- Kolachkies (Mom)
- Chocolate chip cookies (Amy)
- Cinnamon raisin cookies (Amy)
- Butterscotch oatmeal cookies (Mom)
- Butterscotch chip cookies (Aunt Sandy)
- Chocolate chocolate chip cookies (Amy)
- Lemon squares (Mom)
- Brownies (Amy and Harris Bank guy)
- Double fudge brownies with walnuts & caramel (Mike)
- Turtle squares (Harris Bank lady)
- Cheerios energy bars (Harris Bank lady)
- Rice Krispies treats (Mom)
- Pumpkin muffins (Laura)
- Banana chocolate chip muffins (me)
- Zucchini muffins (Mom)
- Triple berry muffins (Aunt Gail)
- Vanilla cupcakes (Amy)
- Chocolate & vanilla cupcakes with raspberry filling (Mom's coworker)
- Cinnamon roasted pecans (me)
- Chocolate-covered pretzels (Mom)
What this means is that our team is over the $2,000.00 mark! I have been keeping this little poster on my wall all summer, and it felt good to finally fill in that last percentage bar. My team is awesome, and most of us have earned our t-shirts and balloons for the day of the walk!
The event is in another two weeks, so keep your fingers crossed for good weather. Dave and I are volunteering for the half marathon tomorrow morning, so we've got to get to bed pretty early - pretty much in an hour. We're on the Team in Training volunteer squad at the seven-mile marker on Lake Shore Drive, so if you're running the race, we'll see you there!
Yay baked goods, and yay for volunteering for charity!