Sunday, June 06, 2010

Softball game #2: 'Fists vs. pros

Today was the second game for my softball team, the Fighting Pacifists, and I am sorry to say that it was another loss. Still, we fought hard, and it was tough going up against a bunch of jerks who are too good to be in a recreational league.

I was catcher again this game, though there was not much action at home plate (except for the beasts on the other team running over the plate).


Seriously, these people had professional softball gear, including pants, gloves, and arm bands. The guys slugged them into the outfield EXACTLY where the gaps were. It was frustrating. Still, I had fun.

Here was my one at-bat during the game. I hit a short grounder and was out at first base.


I'll miss the game this weekend for our charity dog walk, but I'll be at all the other games. Speaking of which, if you have a dog and want to come, or want to let us borrow it for the day, let me know. We don't want to be the only creepers there walking sans dog.

No comments: