Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Chicago

Yesterday I was at the Daley Center to do the prove-up for my client's divorce, and I got to see the fountain done up all green for St. Patty's.


Thought that was pretty cool. I didn't get to see the river, but this was pretty cool.

The prove-up went really well, and my client is now divorced. I had been to my aunt's prove-up a few months ago, so I knew it was basically just a divorce ceremony. I asked the questions, and my client said "yes" or "no." Our case was easy, but we got to see some resolutions that weren't so clean. I'm telling you, go hang out on the 30th floor of the Daley Center and watch some divorce court calls if you want some drama in your day.

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, I had made some loaves of whole wheat Irish soda bread, one of which I gave to my friend Julie and the other I gave to Dave to bring to his Irish-themed work party. I spent most of the day in bed with some kind of allergy-cold combination, but tomorrow I'm having some soda bread leftovers. Happy St. Pat's!

No comments: