Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This year was our year to go to my parents' house for Thanksgiving, and we had a great time over the last two days with my parents in New Lenox.

We brought the bunnies with us, since they really can't be alone for more than 8 or 10 hours. Max kind of enjoyed watching me pack up for the trip (as you can see, at right), but the bunnies did not enjoy the trip itself, nor did they really enjoy staying in a strange basement. They never got totally comfortable, although they did enjoy all the attention and food.

At Aunt Jan's, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving spread: turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cauliflower gratin, cheesy potatoes, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.

Of course, we had plenty of desserts, too: jello, cheesecake, pumpkin pie, apple pie, cookies...


And, of course, chocolate-dipped fruit and goodies! (That was me...)


We had some laughs when Aunt Jan had to use a knife to open the wine - hey, we still got it open!

We also had some fun with their Wii, including bowling, tennis, boxing, and other games. We also cracked open "Fact or Crap," a game where you try to tell truth from fiction. I almost won, although my cousin Kurt beat me with his rapid-fire guessing technique.


Of course, Dad fell asleep on the couch while we played these games. I can't really blame him - something about Thanksgiving dinner makes napping pretty much involuntary.

Yet again, it was another delicious meal with family! We had another turkey dinner with my parents before we left today, and now we have tons of leftovers. I can't decide whether to make turkey chili or turkey sandwiches...

No comments: