Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chriskindlmarkt 2009

Today we met up with some law friends for the Christkindlmarkt at the Daley Center Plaza, and it was as amazing as I remember from last year. Even more amazing, because this year I bought food!

The market is a cute little set of German-themed Christmas shops. They put it up every year with a big Christmas tree, and people come for the amazing food and gifts.


We bought some delicious German candy, including whole milk chocolate (tastes just like chocolate ice cream), Haribo Weingummis, and ornaments. Last year I bought a bird ornament and a pickle; this year, we bought a cute mushroom ornament. Still can't bring myself to buy a devil head ornament.

We also indulged in bratwursts with sauerkraut and German mustard. We were pretty excited.


After this, we visited our favorite cupcake shop, More, in the Gold Coast. We picked up a white velvet cupcake and ate it later for dinner. (It was amazing. You could see the specks of vanilla in the frosting.)

It was one last day of Thanksgiving indulgence together, then Dave's gone for the next week. I've got some temp work at Northwestern this week, so that will keep me occupied during the day, and at night, I will probably end up baking a lot and watching many DVDs.

In other news, we've kept on track for NaNoWriMo and are all set to finish tomorrow, on schedule. I will make make the PDF of my novel available for anyone who wants to read it! (Not that you may want to, but if you do, let me know!)

No comments: