Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween 2009

We had a law school Halloween party last night, which was a really good time, as always.

Dave and I dressed as German kitsch - I was a German beerfrau again, and Dave dressed as Kaiser Wilhelm II, the German emperor at the time of World War I. I made his costume from an old trench coat and some bits and bobs from JoAnn.

His facial hair was modified for the occasion, though his mutton chops are a little more akin to Wilhelm I than Wilhelm II. He did this because the mutton chops are just so fantastic.

There were some other phenomenal costumes, as well. Our friends Tiffany and Nick went as Cleopatra and Mark Anthony, and they were pretty awesome, as you can see. Last year they went as Anne Boleyn and Henry VIII, so I think they are starting a theme of famous couples throughout history.

Incidentally, Dave and Tiffany won the costume contest with their amazing get-ups, and Nick and I got to share in the delicious skillet cookie prize. (Thanks, Laura!)

Meanwhile, Ed grew a nice beard for an imitation of Billy Mays, this time peddling specialty cakes instead of Orange-Glo.



I got to see a lot of the law people, all of whom were creatively dressed. Below, Meg is Juno, and Julie is a Ghostbuster.


Then there were some of the boys, standing together in unity. You've already seen Dave and Ed, but next over is Dan as Drunk Dumbledore, and Tom as Dilbert.


The boys are pretty proud of their beer towers, and Dan won with the tallest tower. By the end of the night, he had a duct-taped beer tower that was almost as tall as him, and he's a tall guy.

Another great year for Halloween! Today begins NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month - and Dave and I are each writing a science fiction novel. The novels must be finished by November 30, and that means we'll each have to do about 1,666 words per day. I'll post updates!

No comments: