Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cheese and booze

Tonight was a delicious (and free!) beer tasting at the Chicago Bar Association, and besides meeting up with some nice people, I really don't have much to say about the event except to list the delicious and amazing Goose Island beer pairings that they had for us:
  • 312 & chevre
  • Honkers Ale & aged Wisconsin cheddar
  • IPA & Iowa bleu cheese
  • Matilda & Taleggio
  • Pere Jacques & Vosges chocolate (dark chocolate wasabi & milk chocolate bacon bar)
And that's about it! Just thought I would taunt you with that. Yes, lawyers get random free beer and cheese tastings in the middle of the week.

I think my favorite was definitely the Matilda & Taleggio, which is a soft cheese, very similar to Camembert, but a little more twangy. I enjoyed it immensely.

No comments: