Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pie party!

This has been a pretty fun weekend, although we spent much of it indoors. Yesterday I spent writing and baking, and we attended a pie party in the evening. The party was a blast. Here's an assortment of the pies we had available:


Mine was the banana cream pie, in the front. Melissa, our wonderful hostess, baked pecan pies, apple pies, pumpkin pies, and a cherry pie. Other people brought some delicious things, such as a big, homemade Kit Kat bar, as well as some mini key lime pies.

Ed wrote some special messages in his key lime pie. You can't read it here, but that's probably for the best. His face says it all.


I loved everything, but I always have a soft spot for apple pies. Dave made fun of me when I started eating this one like a slice of pizza.


All in all, another successful year of the pie party.

Today we've been cooped up writing. I had a legal writing project to finish up by tomorrow morning, and I've been trying to catch up in my novel. I need to get to 25,000 words tonight - the halfway point - and it's been tough. Still, it feels good to be almost halfway done with the book. I can't believe how much I've written!

The fun part about staying inside is hanging out with the bunnies. Max has been a little crazed today, attacking various plastic bags. He exhausts himself pretty quickly, though, and I caught him here spooning Little Man pretty unabashedly.


So cute! You can also see how much bigger he is than Moby. Yikes. And he's not nearly done growing yet - our estimates place his growth plateau sometime in February or March. I can't wait to show him to my family at Thanksgiving - we'll have to give him an extra head of lettuce on turkey day!

No comments: