Tuesday, September 02, 2008

"Welcome to my life, tattoo"

Well, I finally did it. I got another tattoo.

I didn't really get "another" tattoo as I had my bee tattoo embellished. I got the bee tattoo circa 2002 and it has since faded a bit. Also, it looked really small; too small for my back. Now it is freshly touched up with little d
aisies and leaves:


It is a much more balanced size now, compared to the rest of my back. However, since it was the largest tattoo I've ever received, it was indeed quite painful. I'm not sure if it was as painful as the girl next to me who got a tongue piercing, but painful nonetheless.

We went with Tiffany and Nick on Saturday night to Jade Dragon, which I thought was a pretty good tattoo shop. When my dad found out we'd gone there, he noted that they're famous for misspelling things in tattoos. Whoops! Guess I'm glad the bee is wordless.


Anyhoo, we had a good time, and Tiffany got a small paw print on her ankle. Nick was thinking about getting one, but he decided not to. Dave, on the other hand, has been entirely uninterested in tattoos, but he was definitely there for me on Saturday.

It was fun to get a tattoo at the same time as someone else. Not only did Tiffany come in after hers was done and joke with me, but we went for ice cream as a reward. Woo for tattoos!

"Welcome to my life, tattoo,
We've a long time together, me and you.
I expect I'll regret you,
But the skin graft man won't get you.
You'll be there when I die,
Tattoo."

The Who

2 comments:

Meesh said...

that's cool you finally did it! i know you were talking about doing it for a while. they are so freaking addicting... i just might get another one ;)

Sara Sherman said...

Dad and I are SO proud of both are daughters and ALL of their lovely tattoos. Words cannot describe how proud we are. Mom