Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Still on the honeymoon

A few weeks ago, I made an offhand remark about loving orchid plants, and apparently Dave took it to heart. Today he sent me a phalaenopsis plant, which is so completely lovely that my jaw dropped.

Guess the honeymoon isn't over yet! And I guess my hubby still has some surprises left up his sleeve.


Hopefully I won't kill it like I killed the little roses I got as a favor from a baby shower. (And like the little African violets I got from a wedding shower.) I will post updates as they come, and hopefully the updates won't say "I killed the orchid."

Incidentally, the weight loss competition ends tomorrow! Ed's going down. Thank god for that, too, because we're going to Hershey, Pennsylvania, for a wedding this weekend, and I fully intend to sample the goods when we tour the Hershey's plant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Valerie and Dave are still schmoopies!!!! You two are too cute!! Mom