Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sex & the City returns!


Saw the Sex & the City movie today with Jackie and Colleen; it was a good show, but not as up-tempo as I expected. Large sections of the movie, in fact, are pretty depressing, but some bad things happen to the characters, so I guess that's to be expected.

One of the first things you notice when you see the movie is how much older everybody looks, especially Steve. Carrie isn't smoking, I don't think I saw anybody's midriff, and Samantha doesn't do any hot young men. In fact, Samantha has zero sex scenes whatsoever, and kind of turns into one of those old ladies that carries around a dog in her purse. Ick.

Minor characters made cameos, which was nice. But where was Marcus, Stanford's longtime love? I definitely did like Jennifer Hudson, though. She brought an element of freshness to the film.

At any rate, I liked it enough to buy it when it comes out on DVD, and that's all that really matters, right?

No comments: