Monday, March 31, 2008

Law prom 2008

This weekend was the Barrister's Ball, a.k.a. "law prom," and since I forgot to post yesterday, I'm posting the photos now!

Aren't I all fancy.

This year the dance was held in the Cadillac Club at Soldier Field, which was a cool venue. My only complaint was the music, which was beyond awful, but I won't get into that or I'll start to get mad again for spending so much money on a dance where I couldn't even get up and dance. (Urrgh.)

At any rate, I got to hang out with the law people, and re-use part of a bridesmaid dress! (The mint skirt was part of our get-up for Amanda's wedding, and it was actually one of my favorite bridesmaid dresses to begin with.)

This is my law buddy Ed, who is in a weight loss contest with me right now. I hope Ed ate a few steaks at the ball.

Anyhow, it's a week of celebration for Dave and I - everything seems to be coming up for us.

In the past month, Dave got a promotion, a raise, and two As in his master's classes!

On my front, I lost six pounds, was made an editor of next year's law review editorial board, and my article is being published in the first issue of Volume 58 of the DePaul Law Review! I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS -- VALERIE AND DAVE! Both of you are doing so well, and on your way to a great future. Love, Mom
(Can't remember password, therefore, signing in as anon...)