Friday, January 04, 2008

My favorite chef...

I love Ina Garten.

I have loved Ina since I first saw Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network some years ago, and now I own almost all of her cookbooks (thanks to my mother in law!).

But this Christmas, I got The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook and Barefoot in Paris, two wonderful cookbooks that have led me to explore new foods in the days since we returned from Christmas down south.

This afternoon I went shopping and bought some "French" ingredients at Jewel - endive lettuce, garlic hummus, baby greens, spreadable goat cheese, shredded gruyere, a whole wheat baguette, and a slice of Roquefort.

So, tonight I made grilled veggies from The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook, which Dave loved; I also made a plate of hummus in endive lettuce leaves. The "meal" was a Greek vinaigrette salad of baby greens and arugala, topped with pieces of baguette with goat cheese spread on top. Mmm...

My French-style shopping trip will also allow me to create the following dishes (some of which are French, some are not):
  • Endive, pear, and walnut salad with honey
  • Green beans and broccoli with hollandaise sauce
  • Marinated salmon with couscous
  • Croque-monsieur sandwiches
  • Radishes, baguettes, and Roquefort butter
  • Brie fondue
  • Creamy garlic potatoes
  • Italian sausage and cheesy rice
  • Chorizo and potato burritos
Anyone want to come over for dinner this week? Hah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd come over for dinner if it wasn't for the commute. You outdid the dinner I made - Hamburger Helper!!! Mom
(Sorry, haven't commented for a while, I "lost" the website, then you sent it to me, thanks).
Hey, I didn't see any post about you accepting the job???