Monday, January 07, 2008

First day on the job!

Today was my first full day on the job at Peck Bloom, and it definitely flew by. I completed some office tasks, like updating binders, and I went on my first court run! We visited banks, the post office, the process server's office, and scaled the Daley Center like they did in Blues Brothers!

OK, maybe we didn't scale the Daley Center, but we did brave its hectic maze of bizarro elevators. It was fun to see the inner workings of the legal system, certainly in a more direct and real way than I ever do in the classroom. I'm looking forward to going back on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so this has nothing to do with your new job. I just get curious every once in a while and look up dear ol' Fibre-Craft stuff whenever I have to teach career resources. My name is Mary Snyder, I worked as the editor of FCM from Sept 2002-Oct 2003. I was just curious how long you lasted. I could ask Teresa, but she's always so careful about what she says in writing (good for her!). I'm on Facebook under Lycoming College, or snyderm@lycoming.edu. Hope you don't mind this weird comment, but I bet I would like you if you speak French, German, do crafts, and like classic rock :)