Sunday, September 09, 2007

Supporting what matters

This was the weekend of leukemia fundraisers - yesterday we participated in the Light the Night walk downtown, and today we went to Dad's cancer center to have lunch and a silent auction.

I'll have to elaborate more on the walk when I have more pictures, but it was a really fun time, and I was glad to have both of my parents there with me. We all got red balloons which blinked erratically, except for Dad, who got a white one as a survivor. (Gold balloons signified a lost loved one.) It was a really uplifting event, and I would like to thank everybody who donated: Andy, Diane & Rob, Mark, Julie!


Today's lunch was fun, especially since my parents and Dad's brother (and bone marrow donor) were there, but there was one snag. I bid on a fall goody basket in the silent auction (thereafter jealously guarding my bid), and I did win the basket, but someone stole it while I was in line paying for it! What is the state of the world when people steal items from a cancer benefit silent auction?!

At any rate, like I said, I will post more pictures when I have them. And I have my first interview with a law firm tomorrow, so I am looking forward to that immensely. More news as it comes on the job search!

No comments: